The University of Luxembourg is looking for its Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education within the Research Unit IPSE for a
Research Assistant – Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning (M/F)
- Permanent contract as soon as possible, 40 hours/week
- Employee status
Starting date: 01/10/2018.
The overall objective of the contract is to work in the European Migration Network (EMN), National Contact Point (NCP) Luxembourg on topics of migration, asylum and integration in cooperation with the European Commission.
The research assistant will work within the research project “EMN” in the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning. Under the supervision of Professor Birte Nienaber, he/she will:
- Follow the latest developments in the national and European migration policies;
- Research the necessary data for the project;
- Draft and finalise reports in English;
- Work on the glossary in French;
- Organise workshops and conferences.
More specifically, he/she will:
- Draft and finalise the Annual Report on Migration and Asylum in Luxembourg – review and analyse the latest national policies and activities in the field of migration and asylum; collaborate with national partners and experts; provide feedback on the Annual Synthesis Report on Migration and Asylum.
- Draft and finalise the EMN studies – attend and prepare for meetings of the Advisory Group with the aim of setting a common template; collect and analyse data on the given topic; conduct interviews with relevant stakeholders; desk research on policies, practices and legislation; provide feedback on the Synthesis Report of the study; draft and finalise a summary note of the study in French.
- Participate in the EMN Glossary Working Group on migration and asylum; attend and prepare for meetings; search and review new terms and definitions for the EMN Glossary; provide assistance for the translation of terms (EN to FR).
- Supervise the work of (a) student assistant(s).
- Provide national contributions on latest developments in the field of Migration and Asylum for the EMN Bulletin and the LU EMN NCP Weekly Brief.
- Organise and/or provide assistance to staff members for the organisation of LU EMN NCP conferences
- Regularly update the EMN online presence.
- Participate in meetings and conferences in Luxembourg and other European countries on a regular basis; represent the LU EMN NCP at these meetings as needed.
- Carry out administrative tasks.
For the full advert, please click here!