The University of Luxembourg is looking for its Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education within the Research Unit IPSE for a
Research Associate (M/F) – Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning
- Ref : R-AGR-0580-10-C
- Fixed-term contract from 15th June 2016 until 31st October 2016, 40 hours/week
- Employee status
Starting date: 15.06.2016
The overall objective of the contract is to help develop and draft the Luxembourg national report for the International Migration Outlook (SOPEMI) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), in cooperation with the European Migration Network, National Contact Point Luxembourg, and the Luxembourgish Reception and Integration Office (Office luxembourgeois de l’accueil et de l’intégration – OLAI).
The research associate will work within the research project “SOPEMI” in the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning.
Under the supervision of the Professor Birte Nienaber, he/she will:
- Follow the latest developments in the national migration and asylum policies for the years 2015 and the first trimester of 2016;
- Research the necessary data for the SOPEMI report 2016 in all the relevant institutions;
- Research all the necessary statistical data and prepare all the necessary tables and graphs need it for the report;
- Draft and finalize the report in accordance to the OECD regulations in English language;
- Prepare a national annual expert meeting and discuss the national migration topics with the OECD officials;Prepare the presentation for the OECD meeting in Paris;
- Participate at meetings together with other national experts at the OECD meeting
- Draft and finalize and executive summary in French language that will be distribute in Luxembourg.
For further information please contact:
Prof. Dr. Birte Nienaber
Tel: +352 466644-9318
- Master (or equivalent) in Geography, Migration Studies or any other related field
- Experienced in the field of migration and asylum
- Ability to establish contacts at national and international level
- Ability to work independently and within an interdisciplinary team
- Knowledge in Data collection, tables and graphs creation and Reporting
- Excellent management in the use of common computer software (Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Good communication and drafting skills in English and French language.
As the candidate will have to deal with in a multilingual context, he/she must be fluent in English and French (written and spoken).
- The research associate will work in the international environment of the University of Luxembourg and will be member of the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning.
- He/She will have the opportunity to work closely with the Luxembourg and OECD migration experts and to participate in the OECD annual expert group meeting.
Candidates should submit the following documents:
- letter of motivation
- curriculum vitae in English
- copies of diplomas
Please apply online by May 26th, 2016:
The University is an equal opportunity employer